HOME---------ABOUT --------- THRIFTY LIVING TIPS --------- FANNY'S BEST --------- CONTACT --------- SUBSCRIBE ---------

Monday 7 December 2009

60 second DIY ironing board upgrade


I hate ironing, but I also hate wrinkles, so I'm always on the lookout for anything to make the task quicker. And it doesn't get much quicker than this!

The other day I noticed a special ironing board cover for sale at my local grocery store. It had a metallic coating underneath that reflected the heat from the ironing board back to the clothes, allowing you to effectively iron both sides of a garment at once. It also had some other features, like a color-changing fabric, but I figured I could duplicate the effect at home with a little aluminium foil.

How to do it:

  1. Remove the fabric cover from your current ironing board, leaving the foam sheet in place.
  2. Put a layer of aluminium foil, shiny side up, over the ironing board, on top of the foam sheet.
  3. Put the fabric cover back in place.
  4. Iron as usual.
Very simple, very cheap, very effective. Try it!

No comments: