HOME---------ABOUT --------- THRIFTY LIVING TIPS --------- FANNY'S BEST --------- CONTACT --------- SUBSCRIBE ---------

Friday 28 December 2007

Resolute in 2008

The New Year is approaching fast and amidst the party plans, as always, lurks the nagging notion that we ought to start thinking about those annual resolutions. Secretly, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with New Year's celebrations. I love to reflect on the past year's successes and imagine another 365 days of accomplishments, but more often than not, I find myself dwelling on the failures instead, both those past and those yet to come.

Thinking about this last night, I realized that my propensity toward the New Year's blues might run a little deeper than I'd previously realized. I got the sneaking suspicion that it's really the culmination of an entire year of downplaying my accomplishments and focusing too much on unfulfilled goals and ambitions. So this year my resolution is to acknowledge and celebrate my successes and do the same for those around me.

Of course, one of my main goals is to continue living the frugal life and encourage others to do the same. Therefore, I'd like to start posting success stories as they come in throughout the year. If you've managed to reach your saving/spending target or discovered a great new way to make your life a little simpler, share it with me and I'll post it for everyone to celebrate with you.

Success is contagious. Nothing is more inspiring than good news from those who share your values. Let's make 2008 inspirational!

No comments: